Ethereum clients run the Ethereum Virtual Machine and are written in a programming language. Clients include:
- Geth (Go) wiki, repo, issues, (fully working, i.e. passing all JSON tests for the VM, plus can run a full node)
- Parity (Rust) wiki, repo (fully working)
- cpp-ethereum (C++) docs, repo (fully working)
- pyethapp (Python) wiki, used for Casper FFG, repo. Includes py-ethereum, which in turn includes Serenity R&D.
- py-evm/Trinity (Python, has a sharding implementation under development), a full client (near completion as of late April 2018) developed from Py-ethereum. (almost fully working)
- EWasm, just an alternative to the EVM that is compliant with the EVM ABI.
- Sharding implementations for Geth by Prysmatic Labs, Parity by Drops of Diamond, py-evm, Pegasys, and Nimbus.
- Harmony/ethereumj (Java) (fully working)
- Exthereum (Elixir) (fully working EVM implementation, not a client).
- ciri (Ruby) (WIP)
- Solidity EVM (Poc), not intended to be a complete client, just for runtime one-off execution.
Other projects, tools, etc.
- Casper Proof-of-Stake
- smart contract languages:
- Mist, join the chat at https://gitter.im/ethereum/mist, issues. Note that as of 31 May 2018, Mist isn't really user-ready yet, so until it has a stable release, using alternatives like MyCrypto or MyEtherWallet is recommended instead, unless you're happy to be a beta tester.
- web3 or JSON.RPC: repo, issues
- Organization projects include:
- Also see other projects in the sidebar of this wiki, e.g. Ethereum technologies, infrastructure, dapp development, etc. or try searching.